Tomorrow I leave for the adventure of a lifetime. It’s finally here! I’ve got my backpack and my shoes… and a few other things. I am mostly excited, but also a little nervous. It’s not everyday that you just drop everything and leave for a foreign country for seven weeks. But even though I will be missing some important events, I am grateful for this opportunity and I plan on no regrets!
So why Spain and why now? Let’s look at the list:
- My Spanish is getting a little rusty, and there is no better way to improve it than total immersion once again.
- As my mom said, Europe is just a magical place. Literally. I mean, a good chunk of the fairy tales took place there, right? But seriously, it is just a place that keeps calling to me.
- See the quote above. Two of my favorite things in one!
- There are many things in my life right now that aren’t certain. I’ll be graduating and then… I don’t know. But something I do know is that I have to keep making decisions for myself and that God will keep me going the right way as long as I look to Him. Spain was one of those decisions and though I have had my doubts, there is no better place for me to be.
- Plus, it’s just going to be FUN! My art history buff side of me is ecstatic. Spain is a beautiful country, and I cannot wait to be a part of it!
So, there you have it. It’s not the most exciting post, but at least it is something. I’ll be in Spain in less than 48 hours, and that’s when the real fun begins.
Hasta la próxima!